The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has mandated the telecommunications operators in the country to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National Identity Numbers (NIN).
This means that failure of the subscribers to register with NIN will lead to the blocking or disconnection of the line.
These are some steps to link your phone number with your National Identity Number (NIN)
For MTN users, simply dial *785# and get it done in few seconds or
Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/ using your phone or computer
Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
Wait for feedback from the network.
To link your NIN to your Airtel phone number, follow the steps below:
1. Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
2. Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
3. Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
To link your NIN with your Glo line, follow the steps below:
1. Simply send “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName” to 109.
2. Wait for network feedback on your linking status.
Take note that the name you submit must match the one on your ID card/slip for the linking to be successful.
Alternatively, visit www.gloworld.com/ng/nin. Thereafter, enter your name, phone number, and NIN to carry out the linking.
To link your NIN with your 9Mobile line, here’s what you need to do:
1. Dial *200*8# on your 9Mobile line
2. Enter your NIN and press send
3. Wait for feedback from the network confirming your successful submission.
If you’re facing any issues, visit any 9mobile office near you and submit your NIN to them. They should be able to complete the linking in a matter of minutes.
To be on the safer side, you can call your service provider’s customer care.