On Saturday, popular German-American preacher and evangelist, Reinhard Bonnke have died at the age of 79, as announced by his wife Anni via his official Facebook page.
During his more than 60 years of preaching, Bonnke was best known for his work with the Great Gospel Crusades throughout Africa.
Below are a few things to know about the late evangelist:
1. According to Wikipedia, he was born on April 19, 1940.
2. He became born again at the age of nine and traveled to Africa for missionary work at the age of ten.
3. Bonnke was married to Anni Suelze, whom he met at a gospel music festival. They married in 1964 and have three children.
4. He began his ministry in Africa by preaching in Lesotho in 1967. He went on to hold meetings in different countries across the continent.
5. Bonnke founded his group, Christ for All Nations, in 1974.
6. He pioneered the free distribution and production of the small blue new testament pocket Bible for his evangelical movement in Nigeria.
7. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Bonnke, in 1984 commissioned the construction of what was the world’s largest mobile structure as of that time, a tent capable of seating 34,000 persons.
8. Bonnke held his farewell Gospel crusade in Nigeria in November 2017 and handed over to Daniel Kolenda.
9. He passed away peacefully at the age of 79, surrounded by his family.
10. His death is being mourned across the world.